Members, make your voice heard during Local 49’s Lobby Day at the Minnesota Capitol Thursday, Feb.23, 2023.
Lawmakers need to hear directly from their constituents. Local 49 is always working on your behalf at the Capitol, but your voice can make a difference.
RSVP REQUIRED BY THURSDAY, FEB. 9.
Event runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes:
- Lunch at the Minneapolis Union Hall.
- Buses from the union hall to the Capitol in St. Paul.
- Afternoon meetings with legislators — topics may include state investments in transportation, water and energy infrastructure projects, expansion of prevailing wages to additional projects, and more.
Union Hall agenda (11 a.m. to noon)
• Be at Local 49 Minneapolis Union Hall at 11 a.m.
• Lunch provided and brief overview of issues and logistics
• Board buses to the Capitol (board at noon)
Minnesota Capitol Agenda (1-4 p.m.)
• Meet with your legislators (appointments made for you)
• Board buses back to Local 49 Union Hall at 4 p.m.
Transportation from some outstate offices may be provided, depending on interest.
If you are in the metropolitan area the evening before Lobby Day, you are invited to a reception with legislators at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Carpenters Union Hall, 700 Olive St., St. Paul. If you plan to attend the reception, please RSVP by Friday, Feb. 6, to John Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP separately for Thursday’s activities.