MemberLink is Local 49’s brand-new member’s only portal.
This is a completely new system, so you’ll need to create a new account, even if you had a login for the old member portal. Scroll down for step-by-step instructions to create a MemberLink account, pay dues online and get on the out-of-work list/manage dispatch preferences.
With MemberLink you can:
- Pay dues online
- Set up auto pay
- Register for the out-of-work list
- Manage dispatch preferences
- Update your contact information
- Access members-only information
Create an account
NOTE: You must be a member in good standing or a retiree on the death benefit list to create an account. You must create a new account, even if you had a login for the old member portal.
You will need:
- Registration number (find it on your union membership card — click or tap here for an example).
- Email address.
- Your name exactly as it appears on your membership card.
- Go to members.local49.org.
- Click or tap “Sign up now.”
- Fill in your information. (IMPORTANT: You must type your name exactly as it appears on your union membership card. If you go by “Bob,” but your union card says “Robert,” you must type “Robert.”)
- Click or tap “Register.”
- Check your email (may take up to five minutes to receive) and click or tap the link to activate your account.
You will need:
- Bank account number (can be found on a check) or credit/debit card.
- MemberLink account that has been activated.
- Log in to members.local49.org (after you set up your account — see above).
- Tap or click “My Payments.”
- Click or tap “Make a Payment – Dues”
- Select “Schedule ongoing payments” or “Pay a specific amount now” and enter payment information. NOTE: There is no transaction fee for payments made directly from your bank account. There is a 1% fee for credit/debit card transactions.
- Click or tap “Pay Now” or “Schedule Payment.”
- A receipt will be emailed to you!
Manage Dispatch Preferences/Out-of-Work List
You can update your qualifications and office preferences and get on the out-of-work list using MemberLink.
- Log in to your MemberLink account.
- Once logged in, click on the DISPATCH tab on the top menu.
- MY EQUIPMENT
Click to add your Equipment and select all that apply from the drop-down list.
Once the equipment is selected, click the Submit button on the bottom.
- MY QUALIFICATIONS
Click to add your qualifications and select from the dropdown list. Enter the date you received your certification(s) and their expiration date. Once this section is completed, click the Submit button.
- MY OFFICE PREFERENCES
Click on Add new office and select a dispatch office from the drop-down list. Click Submit.
*Note: If you wish to select multiple office locations, you must select one at a time.
- MY BOOK INS
Once your information is entered, click the BOOK IN button to finish your registration on the out of work list.
You should see this screen:
Here’s how to fill in the fields:
– Returning from: Choose from a list of your previous employers.
– End reason: Select Inactive
– Dispatch Status: Available
– Pipeline Book in. Only check this box if you wish to be registered on the Pipeline out of work list.Click SUBMIT. Once your information is submitted, the following message will appear on your profile page.