The COVID-19 situation has prevented us from having Union meetings for the last few months. We have been cautious in our approach to do our part to prevent the spread of the disease amongst our membership. However, at some point life must go on. We have learned a lot in the last few months, and we believe that with the proper precautions, we can safely hold union meetings again.
Therefore all union meetings at all locations will be held in September.
The following precautions will be taken:
- Everyone attending the meeting will be required to wear a mask at all times. No Exceptions.
- We will be social distancing and space will be limited at the meetings – it is possible some might be turned away if the number of people is too much to allow for adequate social distancing.
- If members don’t have masks we will provide them at the door.
- After the meeting, members need to exit the building and not congregate inside.
- Please, if you have any symptoms, if you have been around anyone who has tested positive, or if you have underlying health issues that increase your risk, do not attend the union meeting.
If everyone does their part and we act responsibly, we can continue with meetings and try to return to some semblance of normalcy.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work through this difficult time.
IUOE Local 49