Christopher J. Chantry
Chris serves as general counsel for the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 49. Chris’ areas of practice primarily cover labor and employment law in the public and private sector with a focus on negotiation of collective bargaining agreements; enforcement and representation of collective bargaining agreements; mediation; arbitration; employee and grievance representation; labor relations; union organizing; and regulatory affairs. Chris has specific experience with the Minnesota Bureau of Mediation Services and National Labor Relations Board. Chris also serves as the chair of the Local 49 Scholarship.
Prior to his role as general counsel, Chris was a public sector business agent for Local 49. Chris has been an employee and member of Local 49 since 2016.
- “A Conversation About New Employment Law Issues in the Construction Industry” (Sept. 15, 2022, Minnesota State Bar Association CLE)
- State of Minnesota
- United States District Court – District of Minnesota
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MSBA Labor & Employment Law Section Governing Council Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- William Mitchell College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- University of St. Thomas, Bachelor of Arts, History, 2012
Chris Represents the Following Bargaining Units:
Public Sector Groups
- City of Edina
- City of Elk River