Local 49 has been continuously monitoring all ongoing developments and updates relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health, safety, and well-being of all Local 49 members, employees, and their families is our primary concern, and as such, we are dedicated to taking all reasonable and necessary measures to support and protect you.
We will continue to vigilantly monitor and evaluate this situation on a daily basis. In the event that new and/or updated recommendations we will post changes to our policy on the website and email it, so please make sure to check these regularly.
Here is what to know now:
- All training classes and/or regular operations at the International Training and Education Center (“ITEC”) in Texas will be temporarily suspended, effective at the close of business on Friday, March 13, 2020, to allow for the entire premises to be thoroughly cleaned. Barring extenuating circumstances, the ITEC will reopen and all training classes and regular operations will resume on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Any travel arrangements booked by the IUOE Travel Coordinators for flights occurring during the period of March 14th through March 30th will be canceled and/or rebooked accordingly. No further action on members’ part is required with respect to any flights that were scheduled to take place during this time period.
- Local 49 Training Schedule in Hinckley will go on as scheduled as of today – the MN Department of Health has not as of right now advised canceling all group meetings. This could change so you want to stay vigilant. If any member has symptoms they should not go to training, and they will be refunded in full. Use your judgment, and be cautious.
- As of right now, all union meetings and activities will go on as scheduled – again – the MN Department of Health as of right now has not advised the canceling of group meetings.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of the virus please do not attend union meetings and do not come to our offices – again use your judgment, be cautious and be mindful of others.
- If members have questions about what is happening in their own workplaces they should contact their employers, and if they run into problems, call their business agent.
At this stage of the outbreak in the United States, it is best to stay informed and be prepared. Please be advised that important information related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) has been published by the CDC and may be found on their website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
This is a rapidly developing situation, we might need to cancel events or meetings or activities on short notice – please pay attention to your emails and our website for the latest information. We are taking this situation seriously, we recommend you stay informed. Use your common sense and stay informed.