The Local 49 Lobby Day at the Capitol planned for Thursday, Feb. 23, is canceled.
Due to the weather, the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota Senate are canceling floor sessions, and any committee hearings that are not canceled will be done remotely. As a result, we have no choice but to cancel our meetings with legislators. The reception at the carpenters’ hall planned for Wednesday, Feb. 22, is also canceled.
We will explore the possibility of rescheduling the event for a future date and will communicate with members when a decision is made.
Members, make your voice heard during Local 49’s Lobby Day at the Minnesota Capitol Thursday, Feb.23, 2023.
Lawmakers need to hear directly from their constituents. Local 49 is always working on your behalf at the Capitol, but your voice can make a difference.
BONUS: You’ll get a free Local 49 jacket to wear to the Capitol (and then it’s yours to keep)!
RSVP REQUIRED BY THURSDAY, FEB. 9. Active members and retirees welcome.
Event runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes:
- Lunch at the Minneapolis Union Hall.
- Buses from the union hall to the Capitol in St. Paul.
- Afternoon meetings with legislators — topics may include state investments in transportation, water and energy infrastructure projects, expansion of prevailing wages to additional projects, and more.
Union Hall agenda (11 a.m. to noon)
• Be at Local 49 Minneapolis Union Hall at 11 a.m.
• Lunch provided and brief overview of issues and logistics
• Board buses to the Capitol (board at noon)
Minnesota Capitol Agenda (1-4 p.m.)
• Meet with your legislators (appointments made for you)
• Board buses back to Local 49 Union Hall at 4 p.m.
Transportation from some outstate offices may be provided, depending on interest.
This event is being done in coordination with the North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters.
If you are in the metropolitan area the evening before Lobby Day, you are invited to a reception with legislators at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Carpenters Union Hall, 700 Olive St., St. Paul. If you plan to attend the reception, please RSVP by Friday, Feb. 6, to John Pollard at email@example.com.
Please RSVP separately for Thursday’s activities.